Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Make your own dishwasher detergent

Dishwasher detergent can get expensive...especially if you like the nice stuff instead of the dollar store junk. It's ridiculously easy to mix up a batch for yourself.

You use equal parts of Borax and Baking soda, mix in some essential oils....and tada! You have dishwasher detergent. I use one tablespoon per load, BUT using just that mixture will leave a funky white film over all of your dishes. Most people use powdered citric acid mixed in to prevent the white stuff, and apparently you can even use a couple packets of Lemonade Cool-Aid. I have an aversion to Cool-Aid, so I haven't tried it. What I do is use....wait for it.....vinegar! I have a handy dandy spray bottle of vinegar under my sink, and I just use it and spray vinegar into my detergent mixture after I put the tablespoon of it into the dishwasher thing. I just keep spraying until the container is mostly full, then close it up and run the dishwasher like normal.

The End.

No comments:

Post a Comment